Bryston BDA 3
The most notable difference between the BDA-2 and BDA-3 is in addition to PCM playback, that the BDA-3 is fully DSD enabled. It can decode up to DSD-256 through the asynchronous USB inputs and even accept SACD input via HDMI. The BDA-3 has a whopping 10 separate inputs including four 2-channel HDMI, asynchronous USB, AES/EBU, TOSLINK, and digital coax. It also includes our network module which
facilitates control via TCP/IP and RS-232—a must for modern home automation.
Though the BDA-3 represents our most forward thinking engineering, the BDA-2 sounds fantastic as well.
The BDA-2 is limited to PCM data at up to 192kHz / 24 bits and lacks the HDMI interconnectivity and ethernet control of the newer model.
The choice is yours. Are you ready to jump into DSD downloads? Do you want to connect your television or blu-ray player to your stereo system? If so, the BDA-3 is the perfect match. If not, pick the BDA-2 for astonishing sound quality without paying for features you don’t need.
The Bryston BDA-3 is a world class DAC (digital to analog converter) that is packed with the perfect mix of features making it an essential part of your digital audio chain. Use diverse audio sources such as Bryston's BDP digital music players, computers, music servers, and CD players to get the most accurate and superb sounding digital playback currently available. The BDA-3 is a magnificent DAC best suited for systems where high performance is desired.
The BDA-3 delivers superb sonic performance through re-sampling and re-clocking of the digital input signal. With the exception of user-selectable up-sampling, the BDA-3 doesn't convert anything to another format or re-sample at a non-native rate. The most notable difference between the BDA-2 and BDA-3, in addition to PCM playback capable of 384kHz/32 bit resolution, is that the BDA-3 is fully DSD enabled. The BDA-3 can decode up to DSD-256, through asynchronous USB inputs, and accepts SACD input via HDMI. The BDA-3 incorporates 10 separate inputs which include four 2-channel HDMI, asynchronous USB, AES/EBU, TOSLINK, and digital coax. Additionally, the network module which facilitates control via TCP/IP and RS-232 makes the BDA-3 a must for modern home automation.
Inputs: 4x HDMI, 2x USB 2.0 Type B, 2x S/PDIF (1x BNC, 1x RCA), 1x Optical (TOSLINK), 1x AES/EBU
Outputs: HDMI, RCA, XLR
Control: TCP/IP, IR, DC, RS-232
- Dual 32Bit AKM DAC IC's
- Discrete Class A analog output stage
- Independent analog and digital signal paths
- Independent power supplies
- Massive support for different PCM and DSD resolutions
- HDMI video pass-through with audio out (4K video pass-through)
- Available with silver or black faceplate
- 17” or 19” faceplate available
- Rack mountable option available (2U)
- BR2 remote control available (see Accessories in Other Products
- 3.63” H x 17” W x 11.12” D (17" Faceplate)
- 92.20mm H x 431.8mm W x 282.45mm D (431.8mm faceplate)
- 3.63” H x 19” W x 11.12” D (19" Faceplate)
- 92.20mm H (50.8mm W/O feet) H x 482.6mm W x 282.45mm D (482.6mm faceplate)
- 8.5 lb/3.9 k